Q& A: THE COLLEGE PREP PROCESS Last week, I was some guest for #CollegeCash discussion on Tweet discussing higher education preparation the online means that are available for parents of the teens and individuals. Since definitely not everyone can be present at these discussions or is active on Bebo, I thought it would nice to express the issues and answers here on the blog.
Question: When do parents start the faculty prep technique?
- Ideally make sure you start speaking to your individual about the associated with an education once they start education and amp it up throughout middle university.
- 9th grade students have to pay close attention to program selection finding AP consistently improves classes, math concepts and discipline.
- 9th graders should also ” for that ONE extracurricular workout to concentrate on with high school.
Problem: What do you observe as the parent’s role while in the college prep process?
- Parents should allow the student ‘drive the car’ but go along as a passenger/guide
- Parents will help with business and gentle pointers regarding deadlines
- Parents has to be there for advice, service and problems but avoid take control of accomplishing this
Question: Just what exactly online resources do you encourage for assessing colleges side-by-side?
- I love Zinch because you can make a profile, compare colleges and become matched w/colleges and scholarship grants http://www.zinch.com
- You can utilize the College Board’s tool to match colleges too http://collegesearch.collegeboard.com/search/index.jsp
- Some other sites are: http://www.collegeview.com/index.jsp & http://www.collegexpress.com/ & http://www.cappex.com & http://www.collegeconfidential.com
Subject: What on the net tools will you recommend meant for test preparation?
- For language prep, @sheldonwordnerd has the IDEAL online pro Continue reading